Current Status

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Want A Do Over!

Week 1 went less than stellar.  55+ hours at work this week means less time and motivation at the gym as well a lessened desire to eat healthy.  My weigh-in today was 259.4 lbs.  I’m rounding up and saying that I’m still at 260.  Shame on Cameron!

I was in total binge mode this weekend.  KFC….have you tried it lately?  That chicken is ridiculous.  Don’t bother with the grilled.  It’s lame.  The original recipe is money.  Now I probably should have stopped at 1 piece, but I have to eat those other 4 pieces just to make sure.  (And I’m not even going to talk about those flakey biscuits or the mediocre mashed potatoes and gravy.  And coleslaw.  *Hanging head in shame*)

I seem to have something going on with fried chicken at the moment.  I downed 20 pieces of McDonalds Chicken McNuggets tonight.  By myself.  What would possess me to be such a food whore?  Was it the $4.99 price tag?  Was it the surprisingly delicious Honey Mustard sauce?  I’m terrified to even think of the calorie count.

When I catch myself binging I take a step back and see what can be adjusted in my life.  When I’m tired, sad, feeling lonely, or overwhelmed I am more prone to binge.  This past week I was exhausted mentally and physically from work.  And even though I always hang out with friends on the weekend I still can feel lonely at times.  

I will try to do better this week and try to leave work on time.  This will allow me to get to the gym after work.  I’ll also try to do better about getting in time to have 7-8 hours of sleep a night.

Life goes on.  We all have rough days.  Sometimes we have rough weeks.  I know I can do better this coming week!

I did have some success this weekend.  I worked out on Saturday with my friend Amy.  She’s going to school to be a certified physical trainer.  Saturday morning she led me through a fantastic workout of strength and stability exercises.  I left with many great ideas of what I can incorporate into my gym time.  As Amy wraps up her degree she is currently looking to fill some trainer internship hours.  If you live in Salt Lake and are interested in a great workout (weights, cardio, and even yoga!) contact me and I can put you in touch with Amy.  She’s currently training on Saturday’s and select weeknights FOR FREE to gain experience.  Check out her blog: http://activelifefitnesstraining.wordpress.com/. 


Before I wrap up todays post here are my initial measurements.  About every month I’ll take new measurements to see how I’m doing.  I’d like to see my Chest, Thighs, and both Waist measurements go down.  I’d like to see my Biceps go up.  Everything else can stay the same.

Neck: 16.5”
Chest (measured over nipples…beep beep!): 47”
Waist Over Belly Button: 48.5”
Waist Under Belly: 44”
Bum At Widest Part: 47”
Left Mid Thigh: 28”
Right Mid Thigh: 28.5”
Left and Right Calf: 18” each
Left and Right Biceps: 15” each


Xoxo!

5 comments:

  1. First, thanks for the awesome plug! Second, I don't care how your week went or how you feel right now, I think you are a winner. I mean, just being this honest pubicly is a small success in itself. You have always inspired me to be my better self, so I know you're going to do great in the long run. Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, way to go Cameron! Having a place to be honest and accountable takes a lot of guts and it shows how committed you are to being healthy. You're inspiring me to not use this pregnancy as an excuse to eat like a truck driver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your honesty.... you can do this Cameron! I know you can!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely understand your struggles, given that I have had the same struggles for the better part of my life. In fact, I've never been able to lose the weight I put on during grad school, and I KNOW you saw the weight pile on. The continual struggle for motivation is the most difficult, because like you, I have a weakness for fried chicken, which I chalk up to my years spent in the South.

    I was glad to see that you were putting this blog together and have been impressed by the sheer honesty of it. It has helped my motivation immensely. I already had similar goals to yours that I have only made pathetic attempts on following through with. After reading, I have been more proactive and started to take the necessary steps to meet the same goal of being in shape by November. So, thanks, and good luck. Hopefully, I'll see you at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that honey mustard sauce is the devil.

    keep you chin up and I'll keep my chins up ;)

    wv: yajectin: when you start to reject the chicken nugget but end up saying "Yah"

    ReplyDelete