Current Status

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Better Late Than Never



Welcome to my healthy lifestyle / weight loss blog!


My goal is to reach a body weight of 200 pounds by November 30, 2011. My starting weight is 260 pounds. I'll reach my goal through healthy eating and lifestyle choices. Why am I doing this?  Because just as short as two years ago I was in shape enough to run marathons.  See, it's me at the 2009 St. George Marathon.  I want to run a marathon again in 2012 and come in under 4 hours.







The '10' in my blog title is the number of months I've given myself to accomplish the goal. The '200' is my body weight goal. During the next 10 months that gives me about 1.5 pounds to lose a week. That is a very healthy and achievable goal.

Hey wait a minute. Hold on now. If you picked up that March through November is only 9 months then you deserve a prize. You see, I wanted to start this blog in February. I thought '10 to 200' had a nice ring to it and I liked November as my goal date. (Because who wants to focus on losing weight during December!) Then work and life got in the way of my motivation and I didn't start my blog (aka public accountability.) And '9 to 200' just doesn't sound as fun as the current title.

So, it's actually only 9 months to lose 60 pounds. My goal is now 1.7 pounds to lose per week. Still realistic.


Now here comes the tough part--accountability and follow through.  I'm so much better at goals when I have to report weekly on my efforts.  I'm publishing this blog for all to see.  If my friends commit to check in every once in a while to offer support, words of encouragement, and harassment when I fall off the wagon, I in turn promise to update on Tuesday (or more often) and keep a weekly account of my progress and post my successes, challenges, and a few pictures along the way to me becoming hella sexy.

Do we have a deal?




Next post:  the measurements!  Neck, arms, chest, waist, thighs, and calves.  Weight is not the only thing I'll focus on.  Dropping inches is just as satisfying as dropping pounds.  And we have to track our progress so we can brag afterwards!

4 comments:

  1. love this! so much that i'm going to join you. check out sparkpeople.com to track nutrition and exercise. enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my full support. If you need anything, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO Cameron! You are an inspiration to me, truly.

    ReplyDelete